Flood Insurance



Damage from floods is not covered under a standard homeowners policy. 

A flood is defined as an excess of water on dry land that is normally dry, affecting two or more acres of land or two or more properties.  Flood insurance covers direct physical losses to your structure and belongings in the event of a flood.

What does my flood policy cover?

Flood insurance offers two types of coverage – building coverage and contents coverage.

Flood Insurance

Building Coverage –

  • Electrical and plumbing systems
  • Furnaces and water heaters
  • Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances like dishwashers
  • Permanently installed carpeting
  • Permanently installed cabinets, paneling, and bookcases
  • Window blinds
  • Foundation walls, anchorage systems, and staircases.
  • Detached garages
  • Fuel tanks, well water tanks and pumps, and solar energy equipment

Contents Coverage –

  • Personal belongings such as clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment
  • Curtains
  • Washer and dryer
  • Portable and window air conditioners
  • Microwave oven
  • Carpets not included in building coverage (e.g., carpet installed over wood floors)
  • Valuable items such as original artwork and furs (up to $2,500)

Don’t wait until a flood is imminent to by a flood insurance policy.  Flood insurance policies have a 30 day wait period from the date of purchase to go into effect.

Need Help?

We're here to help!  Simply call our office at (252) 637-4173 or email us using the contact form below.

Send Us a Message

Featured Carriers