Homeowners insurance coverage helps to repair or replace your home and its belongings if they are damaged by covered perils, such as fire or theft. It may also help cover costs if you accidentally damage another person’s property or if a visitor is injured at your home.
What is Covered Under a Home Insurance Policy?
Homeowners insurance generally covers the following items and are subject to coverage limits and deductibles.
- Dwelling Coverage – Protects the structure of your home if it is damaged by a covered peril.
- Other Structures Coverage – Protects physical structures that are detached from property.
- Personal Property Coverage – Covers personal belongings both inside and outside the home including loss or theft.
- Personal Liability Coverage – Pays for legal and medical expenses if you are held liable for injury or property damage to someone else.
- Medical Payment Coverage – Pays for medical expenses if a guest is injured in your home.
- Loss of Use Coverage – Pays for additional living expenses while your home is being repaired.
To learn more about how homeowners insurance can protect your property call our office today at (252) 637-4173. One of our experienced, licensed agents can help tailor a policy to fit your unique needs.
The Insurance Center is an independent authorized agent/agency licensed to sell and promote products from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). The content contained in this site is maintained by The Insurance Center. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
®, SM Registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.”