Before your launch your vessel for the season, this is the perfect time to do a safety review! This can help prepare you for a safe and successful boating season!
- Check for lifejackets, first-aid kits, and flares to make sure everyone onboard your vessel will be safe.
- Make sure the horn, lights, and anchor are all in working order.
- Check the fire extinguishers are serviced and in working order.
- Make sure all vessel documentation is up-to-date and all required documents are onboard.
- Start a list of things that need attention. Keeping a list of things that need attention during the season or at the end of the season when you put your boat in storage.
- Keep an updated list of all equipment, personal items, etc., and keep it updated each year.
Remember before you hit the water you want to also make sure your boat insurance is the correct coverage for your vessel. Contact us at (252) 637-4173 or visit our website at, https://www.ticnc.com/recreational-boats-and-yachts/. Have a safe and enjoyable summer on the water!